Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 311

I'm going to be doing a cute little thing with the boys this Christmas that I heard about on the internet. It's called "Elf on a Shelf". Basically you buy a stuffed toy elf and tell the kids that Santa sent him here to keep an eye on them and report back to the North Pole every night on their behaviour. At night when the elf comes to life, after his trip back to the house, he can sometimes get bored and mischevious, so in the morning when the kids wake up and he freezes, he will sometimes be found doing silly things. I can't wait to do this. It will be great to tell the kids "Is this something the elf should be telling Santa about?" whenever they misbehave. I'm also already thinking up some funny things they can find him doing in the morning.

This is the elf I found at the store today, and the tag he had also had a little description on how he helps Santa. He's a little small though as it says he's basically an ornament. I'm going to keep looking for something that might be bigger or will be easier to position.


1 comment: