Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31

This is a cross that sit a top a hill near my house. There are a lot of similar ones around in the country here. I'm not sure exactly what they are for, but I have heard that in the old days, farmers would leave some of their bounty at the foot of the crosses to thank God for their plentiful harvest.

This afternoon we took Ryan out to the local ice rink so he could show us how good he is at skating. He has been doing skating as part of his gym through school. The whole school goes every Wednesday for 1 hour. He has only been 3 times and I'm really impressed at how good he is. I wasn't that good at his age, I was still using those double bladed baby skates.
 
  

Once we got home I whipped up some cupcakes for dessert. I used some of our Valentine sprinkles because I have a whole whack of them.The heart decoration on top was made with melted and coloured white chocolate chips. I have 3 more bags of those in the cupboard left over from Christmas that I have to get rid of too. Plus, it's a good excuse to practice my icing skills. :)


2 comments:

  1. Also on a certain day of the year, not sure which one it is, locals would walk from cross to cross, making a prayer at every one of them. It was like "chemin de la croix" that we do in catholic churches these days, but on a much bigger scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't know if I saw the cross.
    Ry is pretty good on his skates..even better than I ever was.
    And those cupcakes.....mmmmmm.....will you bring a few??

    ReplyDelete