Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 102

Well my pond is totally destroyed. We had to start taking the waterfall apart to try to find the source of the leak. The more we took it apart, the more I knew it was going to be impossible to put back together. I told Wally that if we were going to start taking things apart, we're gonna go all the way. So the whole thing is coming out. Were going to dig out the garden, we have had pond liners in the barn for a long time and they're finally going to get used. I can't wait for a nice big pond with some good sized fish in it!

In the meantime, my gold fish needed a place to stay. We have had an old pond in the front yard for over 10 years, it's never run, so we just kept it filled for the frogs. So I got in there and cleaned it out. There was at least a foot of crud on the bottom, and it stunk so bad. We removed all the rocks around the edges, and re-did them. I put in a plastic waterfall mold and then tried to camouflage the grey plastic parts with rocks, stones, and moss. I think it turned out pretty good. It's nice to hear the running water out there now.

Now to slowly transplant all the perennials from the other garden, and hopefully we'll have a beautiful garden this summer. :)

What my old pond looks like now


The goldfish's new home

The waterfall



1 comment:

  1. that was a big job, but the pond looks so nice now.
    But the biggest job is coming, with the other pond.

    ReplyDelete