Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 103

Last night when I went to bed, I removed my earrings and found I was only wearing one. These earrings were very special to me, my grandmother had given them to me when I was around 5 years old. I even wore them in my kindergarten picture. 

I had been working all day around the yard fixing up the pond, but I had also hopped the fence looking for mossy rocks in the woods for the garden. I knew if I lost it there, I would never find it again, but if I lost it around the yard, I might be able to find it with my metal detector.

So first thing in the morning, I grabbed the detector, but I couldn't find it. I searched the house and couldn't find it in there either. I tried outside once again and retraced all my steps but still couldn't find it. Just as I was about to give up, I decided to go around the pond one more time and I finally got a signal. There under some brown scraggly dead grass was my earring.

I still can't believe I found it, the odds were so against me.

2 comments: