Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 113

This is the first roast chicken I have ever made. Whole chickens were on sale at the grocery store for $5 each. How could I pass that up? So I rinsed it, patted it dry, rubbed it down with butter, made a paste with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, basil, and onion powder, and slathered that all over it. I chopped up some garlic and green onions, salt and peppered that, and drizzled some lemon juice over it, and shoved it all in the cavity. I popped it a 350 oven for an hour and 15 minutes and it turned out so delicious! The skin was so yummy and the meat was juicy and tender. I'm quite impressed with myself!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! :)
    Have you tried beer can chicken? Basically do all the same stuff, except don't stuff the cavity, instead put a can of beer up it' (or ginger-ale) and cook over indirect heat on the bbq - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking very tasty...Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beer can chicken is next on my list to try! :)

    ReplyDelete