Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 154

This morning when I work up, Ryan eagerly greeted me with a piece of paper and said:

"Here Mom, I drew you a picture"
"Oh thank you!"
"It's you! You're all stinky because you didn't take a shower yet."
"Oh...and who's that? *I point to the other stick figure*"
"That's me! I'm sticking out my tongue going "Bllleeehhhh!!" because you smell so bad"

 

Kids...they just warm the cockles of your heart, don't they?

I also took a drive out to a little dutch store way out in the country. On the way there I passed this tiny little cemetary on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with 5 graves. There isn't a town, or a church, or anything near by. Makes you wonder why these graves are here...


This one reads:

John McMillar(n?)

Died

Oct. 3, 18--

Aged 85 years

& 11 months

which is quite a remarkable age for the 1800's


This one reads:

In memory of

George Campbell

a native of

---agh, Ireland

Died May 25

1857

Aged 57 years

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny that drawing that Alex made :)

    The graves were maybe farmers living there in the 1800s

    ReplyDelete