Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 155

The kids and I went garage sailing again today. We hit a village where they were holing a town wide garage sale. We were lucky in that we were just finishing up when it started to pour rain. When we got home I had a weather warning flashing on my computer, and sure enough, we ended up having a vivacious thunder storm blow through.

We were watching the action outside when I noticed that the patio umbrella was still up. I wanted to close it incase the crazy wind got a hold of it. I didn't want the glass tabletop to get knocked over and/or smashed. It's only about 5 steps from the back door, but in the few seconds it took me to run over, close it, and run back, I ended up completely soaked as if I had just stepped out of the shower. This is how my t-shirt looked:



Suddenly we got a crazy amount of wind and we watched the blankets fly off of our clothes line across the yard. One of our sheets ended up on top of the camper and the wind managed to rip our laundry line pole out by the screw. Shortly after that we lost power.


I checked around the property and 2 of our trees came down in the front yard. Once Wally got home from work, I took Ryan to go pick up some McDonalds. I only got about half way down our road when I saw a bunch of flashing lights and saw the source of the power failure. A huge tree had come down across the road and fell right on the power lines. I had to turn around and take the long way to McDonalds.



Power didn't come back on until 11:05 pm, but then went off again 15 minutes later until 3am. Ryan slept through it for a bit, but ended up waking up. He was scared and somehow ended up in the hall closet totally disoriented, crying and banging on the wall for us. We put him in our bed for the night, but he is a very restless sleeper. He tossed and turned all over the place, and ended up shoving his knees, elbows, and feet into me every few seconds. I barely ended up sleeping at all.

1 comment: