Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 183

Today I wanted to take the kids to the splash pad, but once we got there, we saw that there was a huge fair going on. The kids were disappointed, so I decided to turn around and drive an hour in the other direction to another splash pad. Once we got to that park, it was also packed with some kind of "family day" activities. I decided that we would go in anyways since I had just used about a quarter tank of gas and drove all that way. Well the kids weren't having it. I guess the drive made them cranky or something, all they wanted to do was go down some little baby slide. After getting into it with them and putting up with screaming and yelling, and dealing with an oncoming headache, I had had enough, packed them up and dragged them home kicking and screaming. I could have kept them home where we have a slide for free.

At home I told them, that after taking them out for fun and fresh air, they were not going to sit and veg in front of the TV all day. They could do anything else, but no TV. So this is what they chose to do:


  I had some left over cake in the freezer and decided to see if I could make some petit fours and fondant roses and leaves. It turned out really messy, but they still tasted good :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment