Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 215

This afternoon there was another big storm and once it passed there were tonnes of fire engines, police cars, and anything else with a siren, flying down our street. It's pretty quiet out here in the country, we don't often see much action, so we all wondered what the heck was going on. I left Alex with Wally, grabbed Ryan, and hopped into the car to see if we could find out where the action was happening. I was wondering if another tornado had passed through as there were sightings of one again the other day.

Once we drove down the road through our wooded area, we could already see a huge plum of smoke in the distance.


There were many fire engines and emergency vehicles all around. I wasn't able to pass as they had closed down the road.


When I was closer, I zoomed my camera in a bit and got this picture. From what I thought I heard of people passing by is that a barn was struck by lightening. I saw a reporter taking pictures, so I'm waiting for the free local paper to get delivered to read the whole story.


1 comment: