Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 220

I took Ryan out with me grocery shopping while Alex stayed home with Dad. On the way home, I noticed that the truck driving ahead of me ran over ( as in above, not squished) something and as I passed over it I saw something wiggling. I thought at first that it was a bird moving it's wing, but then I thought, wait, was that a turtle?

So, I turned around in the next driveway and went back to look. The speed of the truck had knocked the little guy over and what I saw was him trying to flip himself back right side up. Last week I had found a turtle on the road near the house, and his shell was cracked and crushed. He was bleeding everywhere. The poor thing was still alive and there was nothing I could do for him. I didn't want this guy to suffer the same fate, so I grabbed him and put him in my car. I didn't see any water around for him, so I just brought him home and put him in our pond.

He's a painted turtle

Ryan's first time holding a turtle. He was a bit scared at first.


Waiting for him to take the plunge into the pond


1 comment: