Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 122

We made our first big purchase from Kijiji today. We've missed a bunch of really good meat specials at the grocery store lately because we just didn't have room in our freezer, so we decided to try to find a bigger second hand deep freezer for a cheap price. We picked this one up in the next town over for $60. Not a bad score I think :)


Going through town to get the freezer, I spotted this on somebody's lawn. Um...ok?



Around dinner time, Wally and I went to look at the gardens outside. He sat on the porch for a second and suddenly yelled out "Babe! Go get it! Run! Go get it!" I looked at him all confused and half paniced thinking to myself "Go get what?" Then I see what he is looking at and follow his eyes to the end of the driveway where a big turtle was trying to go into the puddle/pothole at the end of our driveway. I ran over and grabbed him because I didn't want him to get hit by a car. We've seen smushed turtles on the road before as they have tried to cross over from the lake across the street.


Here's his close-up. This guy really stank. I was surprised at how smelly he was. He also had 2 huge leeches attached to him which we plucked off before we let him go into the lake across the street.



Ryan was fascinated but didn't want to get too close to him after we told him that it could bite his finger right off.



But he did get a kick out of the turtle hissing at us...


After torturing the turtle enough with the camera, we took him across the street to the lake where he would be safe, and let him go. At least he has a great, crazy story to tell all his turtle friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment