Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 127

I finished up a bag I made for Ryan today. He goes swimming on Mondays with his school and he needed something to carry his towel, suit, and pool shoes in. The first day he took it all in a grocery bag because I couldn't find a spare knapsack or anything in the house for him. I made a stop at the second hand store and found this single space themed valance and thought I could sew it onto one of those canvas grocery bags like I had done at Christmas time for gifts. I added an extra big pocket inside for his shoes and out of cardboard covered in duct tape and then material, I made a sturdier base in the bag as well.



Inside pocket and enforced bottom

His pool shoes and towel tucked inside

Ryan got crafty as well by making himself a giant paper Bumble bee Transformer costume.


I was itching for something else to do so I covered the cupboard doors under my sink with some more spare material I had lying around. I find it funks it up a bit. At least it's not boring to look at anymore.


Today was also the first sighting of the rose breasted grossbeak this year. Welcome back little buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment