Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 133

I wanted to take a nice close-up picture of a dandilion, but when I uploaded it, it came out a little dark. I put it through the auto adjust function of my photo program, I got this. I love the funky blue background, so I saved it this way :)


I planted my wild garlic garden today and surrounded it by 2 big ostrich ferns. Not much longer until the leaves die off of the garlic plants and the flowers bloom, only then will I know for sure if it has taken to it's new home.



I also dug up 2 of these gorgeous flowers I found in the woods. I thought they were pitcher plants at first, but it turns out they are called Jack in the Pulpits, and you can eat the root bulbs. Apparently they taste like turnips, which doesn't appeal to me, and I couldn't destroy this beautiful plant just for a taste of it's tiny bulb.



For supper I made bacon carbonara with fiddleheads and some of the wild garlic, and for dessert, a lemon poppy seed loaf.



2 comments:

  1. i love all your pics in this post! dinner looks scrumptious and lemon loaf is always yummy! see, dandelions aren't the terrible weeds everyone makes them out to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pix. the loaf looks very yummie. fiddleheads don't appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete